Carson's Baptism - July 4, 2012

Carson turned 8 on June 7th
8 is a great year for us of the LDS faith
We get to be baptized
I feel a lot of pressure to make it a big deal.  I do know that no one expects me to do what everyone else does, or what I think everyone else does...I just feel the pressure to anyway.  Fancy invitations, lots of pageantry,  photo session, luncheon after, hoping that any of the few people we invite show up and when they don't, trying not to feel bad about it.  It's nuts!

When Scott's Dad mentioned to us that we could do it in Moberly while we are there, at first I was leary but then I realized how much pressure that takes off of me.  Tons of family will already be there, more were closer to Moberly and would come, and we had already planned to have lunch...just needed to make a bit more.  No pressure!

Then Gpa came up with the idea of baptizing Carson in the old city pool!  Crazy right?  Yes, until you know that Carson's Uncle Matt was baptized in that same pool more than 30 years earlier.  No one since, there just hasn't been a need or desire.  We decided to go for it!




Cool Collin came

Gpa Felshaw

I've been trying to get David and Suzie to come out to Moberly for years!
Glad they chose this event to finally come!

Brooke arrives!
 

Rylee with some left over make-up and an injury under her eye

Connie helps document

Kate

Sydney

Saying HI to everyone

Carson really doesn't like the spot light

Gathering

Cooling off a little
It was VERY hot!

Taylor and Clare

Boot

Allie

Sydney and her pocket knife

Mike

Child of Honor

Carson and Uncle Matt

Scott and Carson

My family

Proud parents

Uncle Brad conducted and acted as the Presiding Bishopric member
He had just been called to the Bishopric but then found out they
would be moving to Alabama soon.
This was his first and maybe last act as a member of the Bishopric! 
 
 

Gpa Felshaw spoke to Carson about Baptism

Suzie, David, Connie

<3 p="p">

BEST PICTURE EVER!

YES!  I cried!
He's my baby!!

Gpa Jorgensen spoke to Carson about the Holy Ghost

Sweet Baptized Boy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Game of Memory

A Huge Sigh of Relief!

15 Years - that's right...you heard me!