A Huge Sigh of Relief!

After 16 years working for Intel Corporation without fear, Scott was finally a wee bit worried when the latest round of lay-offs was announced.

Sometimes they eliminate the ones who've been there longer. Sometimes they get rid of the new guys. Here in Arizona - Scott was both.

He's been with Intel for 16 years but was one of the newbies at this site. This was the first time we felt nervous.

Intel announced they would be eliminating about 10% from each of their sites world-wide. That meant 300-400 jobs lost here in AZ. They announced this MONTHS ago. They kept putting off the final date to let us know if we had a job or not. They kept us hanging, hoping, wishing, PRAYING, wondering... Until tonight - Scott's job is SAFE. He will keep his job.

HALLELUJAH!!

In an effort to avoid being jobless, homeless and faithless, Scott decided to contact his former boss (the good one, Larry) to see if there were any options back in Albuquerque, NM (or Rio Rancho which is where the plant is). Larry had 4 open spots and Scott was welcome to have one of them. This was good news!

And bad news... would we be able to get out from under this house that has lost so much value?(no) Would we be able to buy a house in NM? (no, we would rent) Would the kids react positive? (not by the whoops and hollars I heard after telling them we're staying!) Would this make our finances worse? (Y.E.S.).

However! We live and die by Murphy and his Law! Just the mere fact that Scott had secured a job elsewhere meant that we would not need it. Murphy's Law proven FACT!

Okay, Okay - the fasting and prayers of family and friends helped out too. Thank you all!! Thanks to our Heavenly Father for listening. Once again we have faith in others' faith.

We are staying here in God's Oven - I'm learning to like this Dry Heat! I LOVE the palm trees. We'll be able to watch the Gilbert Temple be built while we drive to WalMart. The kids keep their friends. I keep my friends. Scott keeps his job.

Comments

Trish said…
and we keep YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could NOT be happier! Hooray!
DEANNA said…
CONGRATULATIONS PAM. I KNOW HOW HORRIBLY SCARY TIMES ARE RIGHT NOW. I JUST GOT ANOTHER BUDGET CUT FROM TOMMY THAT THEY SENT OUT AT HIS WORK. WE ARE ALREADY LOOKING AT A PERCENTAGE OF PAY CUTS AND NOW IT LOOKS LIKE NEW ONES ARE COMING OUT.

IT IS SO SCARY AND EVERYDAY I AM THANKFUL FOR WHERE WE ARE, THE JOB HE HAS, THE JOB SECURITY IT PROVIDES AND THE LIFE WE HAVE MADE. I CAN'T EVEN FATHOM THE THOUGHT OF HAVING TO MOVE OUT OF STATE.

GOOD FOR YOU GUYS. WHENEVER I HAVE A CHANCE TO TALK WITH YOU, YOU SEEM TO LIKE LIVING OUT HERE SO I AM HAPPY THINGS ARE WORKING OUT FOR YOUR FAMILY. MAYBE TRISH WILL WELCOME YOUR SWIM LESSONS BACK INTO HER YARD!!!!
Nichols Family said…
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I'm so glad you get to stay! Please don't ever move! Congrats!
Crystal said…
Oh yea!!!!! I'm afraid you'd go back to reading only the Twilight series if you left us. I can sleep better now. :) So glad you can stay!!!!
Judy Ethington said…
Well you scared the crud out of me - don't you ever do that again, and I really mean it. It may be totally selfish of me, but you guys CANNOT MOVE EVER. We cannot do without you.
Pam,
I'm glad to hear your good news.
What a relief for all of you.
We all send much love from Circle Drive. You are always in our prayers. Much Love. Connie
Congratulations! We've been there twice and it is a horrible experience! But like you did, we do what we gotta do and for you that meant moving to NM. However; you are blessed and get to stay. It's great to have you so close. Tony is doing well in Afghanistan, 2nd counselor in the branch presidency, lost over 35 pounds, and we are slowly picking away at our debt thanks to his job. The Lord will always prvide a way, it just may not be "OUR" way! ha Love ya!
LoriT said…
Woo hoo!

(Although I was secretly hoping that the good news was that you'd be moving to the Dallas/Ft Worth Area.)

Ever since I read about the impending layoffs on your blog a few months ago, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for this wonderful news!

Love the "God's Oven" analogy. :)
Cheryl J. said…
Albuquerque is a great place to live. Just think of all the extra money you would have had and wayyyyy better weather if you would have stayed here...And we have actual people living in this city that could be your friends (AZ isn't the only place for friends). There are also wards that have kids in them (go to Ventana Ranch where there is a new high school, new middle school, new elementary school). Green chile, FREE orthodontic care...And uh...you could come hang with us and play Rock Band...sheesh ;-)
NatureGirl said…
We love you guys!
Renae S. said…
SOOO happy for you!! And for the rest of us that get to keep you here!
kristina said…
YAY!!! :) I am so glad for your family! That is great news. Plus, what would I have done without my BFF??? ;)
Pam Jorgensen said…
Thanks everyone for the support!

Ah Cheryl...no offense was meant. We know all the good NM has to offer - we were there for 13 years! Except the Green Chile - you guys can keep that! ick
Whew! What a relief! I am so happy for you guys!
Heidi said…
Yeah Pam! That is great news. Now, go breathe easier.
Cheryl J. said…
LOL...I don't love green chile either but everyone else does it seems. I was just messing with you! I'm glad things are working out there and I love all your AZ friends!
Raesha D said…
That is awesome news!!! though I did get excited when I read that you might move back to NM....but I'm even more excited that Scott kept his job!! YEAH!!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Game of Memory

15 Years - that's right...you heard me!