Brush With Fame

Scott and I were on our daily run to Sonic during Happy Hour today when we noticed that it was busier than normal. There was a motor home in the parking lot that we have seen before and knew it was for the crews filming Sonic commercials. We have seen them film commercials several times there but usually they are generic Sonic commercials.

THIS time, however, there were even more people and equipment around. We asked the long haired production assistant that we have seen before what kind of commercial it was this time and he pointed over to an SUV parked not far from us where TJ and Pete were filming. Those 2 guys in those HILARIOUS Sonic commercials. We are huge fans of not only Sonic but of TJ and Pete. The production assistant said if we were patient then we would probably get to take some pictures. So we were patient.

Here are some pics we took while being patient


This cup is a staple in our home and cars. If it's not full of yummy Sonic drinks then it's reused for refills at our nearest Circle K.
The white van at the far right is ours - the goldtoned Suburban with
orange cones around it is where TJ and Pete are filming
This is the Bounder motor home that is our tip off for when they are filming commercials
Production crew switching things up between takes. We learned that they actually film several different exchanges between TJ and Pete then use the ones that work best.
Close up of the suburban
You can see Pete's face and TJ's arm as they interact with each other
TJ Jagodowski with Pam
Both guys were so nice and willing to take pictures
with their fans during a break
Pam, Pete Grosz and Scott by our van

We actually had to run home to get our camera (I'm often caught without it - tsk tsk) and on the way we called Scott's sister in NY. She's the one that, many years ago, got us addicted to Sonic drinks. Thanks Jen! We knew she would appreciate our run-in with fame more than most. Although I'm not sure how excited she was as she lives in NY where there aren't any Sonics.

Happy Hour is so great! Especially during those HOT Arizona summer days. I can take the kids to Sonic after school and we can all get a cold treat for less than $5.00. Sure helps us handle the heat!! Although as my diet starts on Friday...we may not go as often. :(

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is so cool. I love their commercials. They are hillarious!
Anonymous said…
I thought I was way cool setting by Steve Nash, this totally tops it, I LOVE those commercials and they are definately recognizable actors. Thanks for the hot conference tip - got em! The strawberries are 8lbs for 10 bucks, but she has to put her order in tomorrow am, so let me know if you want some.
Cheryl J. said…
LOL...too funny. I think I know the commercials these guys are in but never knew their names. Greg's more of a Sonic fan than I am--I'll have to show him your page.
NYCmom said…
That's so great! Thanks for including me in the excitement. New babies are fun and all...but there's not much "glamour" to it! :) Can't wait to hit the ole Moberly Sonic in a few months. Ahhh...the memories. We'll fill mom's trash can with Route 44 cups!
kristina said…
Very cool Pam! Going to Sonic alot does have its perks-not just happy hour deals, but you also get to take pictures with famous Sonic stars! Oh, & yes I am still alive!!
Hillary said…
What would life be without "Happy Hour" at Sonic... I love the commercials, and thanks to you I now know how they film them!
Angie Whitman said…
Way to be a prepared papparazzi! I don't think I've ever seen these commercials...who has time for tv these days without tivo??:) But, I do also love Sonic drinks!
Skousen # 4 said…
We were down there last week for a doctors apt and I saw all of this going on. I was not sure what it was but it was something.
Brian Jorgensen said…
IMHO, the only thing better would be meeting the "Dude, you're getting a Dell!" guy. (Actually, that reference is old hat. I think he's due for a "Where Are They Now?" That's what happens when you don't have a TV for three years!)
foreveryoung said…
How funny, I love that you recognized the motor home right away, a definate sign that you are true Sonic fans!
Are you kidding me? That's right behind our house! And why are you that close to our house and then not stop by to say "HI"?

Popular posts from this blog

A Game of Memory

A Huge Sigh of Relief!

15 Years - that's right...you heard me!