The Worst Daughter-in-Law EVER!!
So in my quest to remember my mother for Mother's Day, I totally failed to remember my Mother-in-Law. What a dolt! I really want to blame it all on swimming lessons, or my new stake calling, or my old age, or my silly husband (it's HIS Mom for heaven's sake), or my needy children, or school coming to an end, or the moon aligning with the fourth star from the left...really, no excuses. I'm a dolt.
I love my Mother-in-Law, Jackie Jorgensen or G-ma to my kids. She's the June Cleaver example in my life. She loves my kids with such gusto, it takes my breath away. She is 70 years old and still running life's marathons: taking trips to see her kids, helping them move, taking them in to her home while in transition, planning fun things for grandkids to do, remembering each and every birthday and other holidays like Mother's Day (again, I'm a dolt). She never stops.
G-ma and G-pa with Rylee, Chase and cousin Aryn - they always volunteer to sit with the kids at restaurants so us parents can chat with each otherMy kids adore her. In fact, it took one of my kids writing about her for schoolwork that made me want to post this. Thanks, Mitch, for trying to redeem our family to G-ma.
Mitch had made a scrapbook throughout the school year with interviews, letters to his future self, poems, likes, dislikes - it's a fun piece of work. As I was looking through it I found these 2 pages about his love for his G-ma. Click on the pictures for easier reading.
This one is sweet and tender - you can just feel his love for G-ma oozing out of the paper
This one is all boy but his favorite place in the world really is Moberly, MO...but more importantly it's G-ma's house.I'm sorry, Mom, that we failed you on Mother's Day. Can we proclaim that May 28th be Jackie Jorgensen Day here in Gilbert, AZ?? We love you more than we can express.
Carson just told me I'm a "twit". Truth hurts, eh?


Comments
Love, Dadasauris Rex