To my Gilbert, AZ friends!!

In my forever quest to integrate myself in this new community I have been trying to think of ways to meet others.

I would like to invite you all to join my Yahoo Group called Gilbert Friends. We can network in many ways with this form of communication. A community not far from us (Cortina and Sossaman Estates) has a group like this with about 250 members and it’s an amazing source of information and fun people to interact with.

Some ways this group is used are: getting the word out about school stuff (like what happened today at CTA), getting doctor/dentist referrals (nice for those just moving here from out of town), advertising items you may have for sale, giving away items for free, finding babysitters, advertising a business you may have, planning community activities (play days at the park, trip to library or McDonalds), starting smaller groups (book clubs, scrapbooking, play groups), advertising baby/wedding showers, soliciting help for those neighbors in need…the list goes on and on.

This is not a group just for members of the Church. It’s not a “Mormon Thing”. This is a community group. I’m asking for you to join but I’m also asking for your help in getting your friends and neighbors to join as well. The Relief Society has a great list for church related items, this group can cover everything else.

I’m excited to get this group started. Our communities are growing at an amazing rate and sometimes it’s hard to connect. This can be a jumping off start for new people and a great way to meet your neighbors as you invite them to join our group.

Please follow the link below and click on the “Join this Group” link.

Gilbert Friends

Comments

Cindy said…
Hey Pam,
that group sounds great. I will check it out soon! I love your blog! isn't if so fun!
Hillary said…
Okay, your background is SO cute! Where did you get it?
Pam Jorgensen said…
I got it from

http://www.matiekay.blogspot.com/

totally cute backgrounds for all year!

Have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

A Game of Memory

A Huge Sigh of Relief!

15 Years - that's right...you heard me!