Memory Lane - Wanna go?

My dear friend Leslie, whom I have known for almost 20 years now (do you feel old Leli?), just posted her memory of a Thanksgiving we spent together while we were at BYU. I laughed and cried while reading it so I decided that it needed to be posted here for my enjoyment and posterity as well.
A San Fransisco Treat in Provo, UT - Thanksgiving 1990
I was away from home, at BYU, and living the life of a poor, starving college student (are you crying yet?). I was living in the dorms, Helaman Halls in Stover Hall room 3220. It was my second year on the dorms and as a sophomore in a hall full of freshmen I made friends real quick with the Resident Assistants (RA's). Some of the RA's were my friends from my freshman year in Stover so living where I had ready-made friends was nice.
I had no money to get home for Thanksgiving. I remember feeling very sorry for myself watching everyone leave for their homes and families. I did have Leslie though. She was in the same situation as I. Our "House Mom" said that we could use her little kitchen in her little apartment while she was gone. We were grateful but didn't really need it because the Cannon Center and some places around town were still open.
Then Thanksgiving Day arrives and EVERYTHING is closed. We head to the little kitchen to make a nice, maybe not so traditional Thanksgiving feast. We were laughing hysterically as we opened the cupboards to find them very bare...think Old Mother Hubbard! After searching in every cupboard we came up with a box of Rice-A-Roni, ice cream cones and some extremely freezer burnt vanilla ice cream. What a feast! We felt sorry for ourselves, ate our meager meal that we were truly grateful for and felt sorry for each other some more.
We did learn something extremely important from all this...pizza places deliver after 5:00pm on Thanksgiving Day! Whew!
We did learn something extremely important from all this...pizza places deliver after 5:00pm on Thanksgiving Day! Whew!
Comments
Hope Scott's shoulder is healing up!