Faith in Friends' Faith

The other day I had an experience that taught me the importance of having faith in others' faith.

We were in the middle of a financial crisis (who isn't these days, eh?).  We have some pretty bad habits that haven't helped our situation and I own that.  We have been struggling since our move here to Arizona.  In EVERY other aspect of our lives, this move was the most amazingly correct choice for us.  Financially?  The worst.  EVERYTHING is more expensive here, including our smaller house! 

We've been struggling to keep our heads above water for a couple of months and it all culminated that week in a big pile of stressful goo.  We did what we could to stop the madness and prevent more goo piling up.  We made deposits, pleaded our case, prayed and paid our tithing then left the rest up to the "nice" people at the bank and the Lord.  

That night I was at Book Club and chatting with my friends.  I mentioned the stress to one and she dug deeper.  I told her the whole pathetic story and she was so kind for just listening.  She gave me a hug and assured me that even though she couldn't "help" us out, she could pray.  We were put at the top of her prayer list.  I hugged her so gratefully and thanked her sincerely.  We parted ways and I went home and fell into a fitful sleep.

The next morning we get a call.  Pleas were heard, cases made, fees reversed.  I was NOT expecting the good news.  I had lost hope.  We had done all we could on our side and nothing seemed to be good enough.  My faith was shaken.  Enter my friend and her infallible faith.  Her willingness to put me at the top of her list, which I'm sure is a mile long, and have faith for me made all the difference in the world.  We did all we could.  It wasn't enough until she added her faith to the pot.  

I called her to thank her profusely!  We had a great moment.  She told me she treated it like I was one of her kids.  I was touched by that level of unconditional love for someone unrelated.  I'm grateful for her friendship.  I'm grateful for her love.  I'm grateful for her faith.

I have faith in her faith.

Comments

ALLRED FAMILY said…
What a great experience! And thank you for sharing.
DEANNA said…
This is so cool.. simply because I need to do the same as you. What I don't understand or believe does not make it right to those that do.

Awesome post!
That is awesome! I know these times are definately- faith trying. But, if we can be "strong & immovable" we will survive!!!!
foreveryoung said…
I'm so glad to hear that things are taking a turn for the best. I do love your new family pictures, that Crystal is quite the one man band!
Monique said…
LOVE THIS! When we broke down in CA this week, all I could think about was how horrible it was, how we might as well find a place to live in Hesperia, and kiss our life in ABQ good bye. Kind of funny, but true, it's hard to take deep breaths and see with perspective when you're in a situation, but even harder to step back and be patiently faithful. <3
LoriT said…
I love this story. I've thought about it time and time again since first reading it. Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

A Game of Memory

A Huge Sigh of Relief!

15 Years - that's right...you heard me!