Oldie But Goodie

Scott is 40.

It seems unfair to me that he turned 40 3 whole years before I do. Now that he's 40, we're automatically a "40-something" couple. BUT WAIT!! I have 3 more years! Oh well...at least I have a great old man to pull me along with him into the oldies. ;)

We had a great day on August 9th. First, he had to sleep cuz he worked the night before. Then, I woke him up and made him get in the shower and all ready for the first surprise I had in store for him. The surprise was supposed to show up at 2pm, but because of freeway closures and other traffic issues, they didn't arrive till 3:30. It was a great surprise and worth the wait so we didn't mind.


Scott's brother, Greg, and his family, Cheryl, Brent and Brooke flew in to join us for Scott's 40th. I had fun keeping this secret from him talking to them on the phone in my closet, in the bathroom or the laundry room to hide the conversations.


When they got here, they called to sing Happy Birthday (as is family tradition) to him and as they were singing...the doorbell rings! Scott says, "It's like Grand Central Station!" but when he opened the door, it was the same people he was on the phone with!! SURPRISE!!


They also had a Sonic drink for him and me...they know us well! Best gift!


They rented a Hummer which was great fun!



Especially when they went to pick up Mitch from the Book of Mormon camp out. Mitch couldn't believe that ride was for HIM!!



My dear, wonderful friend Trish willingly made these gorgeous cakes for his party. There were 2 carrot cakes with cream cheese frosting and carrot curlies on top AND two white cakes with Almond Snickers filling and sliced Almond Snickers on top. They were AMAZING as is Trish.

Posted by Picasa

Popular posts from this blog

A Game of Memory

A Huge Sigh of Relief!

15 Years - that's right...you heard me!