USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! sorry france...

Did you see this?! Did you believe it?! Did you scream with reckless abandon not caring if you woke up the kids or the neighbors? Did you have more pride for your country? Did you make Lezak your new IDOL? Did you tell France..."take that!"?
I did!
Click HERE for video
Lezak had a split time of 46.06! That is the fastest split time in olympic history. 46.06!!! This race was AMAZING! I think it was perfection from the start. Phelps started us out and held his own against France and Australia with all 3 teams well under world record pace, Weber-Gale got us a slight lead, Cullen Jones (love the name) held on but France jumped out to lead by 1/2 a body length, then came Lezak. He was drafting off of France the entire leg and held on then at the end he turned on his turbo boosters and overtook France and WON by only .08 seconds!!!
I was excited to see Cullen Jones on the team. There are very few African Americans that can swim at this level. He's only the 2nd to win an olympic GOLD, ever. It was nice to see.
France had created some controversy by saying "The Americans? We're going to smash them. That's what we came for." That just fueled our boys desire to win. We had our doubters though. Me for one...I was all ready to settle for silver. Rowdy Gaines as well. He said, right as Lezak was starting his leg, "I just don't think they can do it!" But they did! As both Scott and I screamed wildly at the TV! What a race! What a team! What a country! What a night!
I did!
Click HERE for video
Lezak had a split time of 46.06! That is the fastest split time in olympic history. 46.06!!! This race was AMAZING! I think it was perfection from the start. Phelps started us out and held his own against France and Australia with all 3 teams well under world record pace, Weber-Gale got us a slight lead, Cullen Jones (love the name) held on but France jumped out to lead by 1/2 a body length, then came Lezak. He was drafting off of France the entire leg and held on then at the end he turned on his turbo boosters and overtook France and WON by only .08 seconds!!!
I was excited to see Cullen Jones on the team. There are very few African Americans that can swim at this level. He's only the 2nd to win an olympic GOLD, ever. It was nice to see.
France had created some controversy by saying "The Americans? We're going to smash them. That's what we came for." That just fueled our boys desire to win. We had our doubters though. Me for one...I was all ready to settle for silver. Rowdy Gaines as well. He said, right as Lezak was starting his leg, "I just don't think they can do it!" But they did! As both Scott and I screamed wildly at the TV! What a race! What a team! What a country! What a night!
Comments
Dad
In fact, as I was laying in bed last night I thought, "If I start training now, and work every day, I might be able to make the olympics in 2016." I'll be 36. Dara Torres can do it, right?